Can You Create a Facebook Page for My Business?
Yes, we can optimize your Facebook account for SEO.
A Facebook business page is an offshoot of your personal page so first we create your personal page, if you don’t already have one. We use that to create a business page. It’s just the way Facebook does things to control how many Facebook business pages are created, and to attempt to tie them back to a person to take responsibility for content.
Facebook has their proprietary look that we need to keep, unlike the way you can “decorate” your Twitter account, so we just add your logo to the Facebook business page, or an image where the logo goes. But we will want to set it up to optimize for SEO.
This business page optimization would include getting a Facebook business name such as Facebook.com/your business and showing any of your blog entries onto Facebook automatically, if you have a blog, and we set it up that way. The value of the Facebook business page is twofold – one to interact with your fans, and two, it allows you more links back to your site.
You will also want a LinkedIn account. Again, they have a proprietary design, and on that you normally add your photo. If, for some reason, you wanted to add a logo instead there is nothing stopping us from doing that.
Cost is $40 for each of the three accounts to have me set them up and optimize them.
If you don’t have a personal page, we will start by creating one for you. You may change your password after we are done for privacy on your personal account. If you prefer to keep your password private, we suggest changing your password temporarily so we can set up your business page, then changing it back when we are done. Or, we can walk you through these steps.
1. Create a Business page off of your personal page
2. Click “Create a Page” in the footer
3. Choose your business type.
4. Fill in basic info
5. Upload your logo or photo
6. Write a biography about your services, being sure to use keywords.
7. Select “use Facebook as Page” mode under the arrow on the upper right corner of your FB account
8. Click on edit page
9. Use the “Resources” link on the left side in Edit mode to link your facebook page to your Twitter account.
10. Make updates in your Facebook account, show up on Twitter… if you choose. Alternatively, you can use Twitter to set tweets to go to your Facebook page.
11. Careful that you only post business related info.
Can I Improve my Facebook Address for Advertising?
Yes, to make the Facebook address pretty for publishing, and also to improve your Facebook business page chances of showing up on Google searches, you should name your business page.
If your Facebook business page URL is not converted to a search friendly one yet:
2. You will either see a message saying your username is already set (which refers to your personal account) or the first thing Facebook will ask you to do is set your personal one, so use your name or whatever you like.
3. Then Facebook will ask you to select one of your business pages and you can type in what you want. I suggest consulting with me before you do that to find the most searched keywords that relate to your business
What If I Prefer to Use Twitter, and Have Tweets Show on My Facebook Page?
You can link Twitter to your Facebook account through your Twitter account.
Be sure to contact us with any questions!